Friday, August 4, 2023

Topps Living Set Christopher Morel

 

Christopher Morel was among the two cards from the Topps living set on July 19.  The card arrived pretty quickly, even though I went with the free shipping.   The print run was 2,187 and that is higher than eight of the past ten Cubs.  Only Fergie Jenkins and Seiya Suzuki's cards were higher.

The artist drew a picture that is very lifelike.

The original photograph next to the card shows just how realistic the drawing is.  I do like the background that was drawn in, too.  It looks like it is supposed to be ivied outfield at Wrigley.  I wish Heritage would do something similar with the backgrounds on their cards.

Morel is the third Cub to be in the Living Set in July.  Rick Monday was one of the two cards from early July.  I missed that while I was on our bike trip, so I had to get a card off of eBay.  It is on the way.  Last weeks pair included Ron Santo.  That card should ship in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. This is a fantastic card, and both him and Rick Monday are headed for my Living Set collection.

    ReplyDelete