Wednesday, March 13, 2024

A Quick Peek at Heritage 2024

 Topps finally got around to announcing the release date for Heritage.  It’s coming out on April 10. While we wait, I created my version of Heritage 2024.

The set has many different color combinations that are not team-specific.  Every team gets the variety pack. I'm not sure why, but my favorite for the Cubs was a combo that features dark brown. 

Maybe it was because the team card has that color.  And after all, this was just the second time since 1970 that the Cubs didn't get the floating heads team card.  It is an actual team picture.  That really made a positive impression on me in 1975.

There are five cards that include the dark brown.  So that's what I'll be using for my mock-up, and I'm going with the orange / brown combination.

Here's my version of Dansby Swanson's card, with a nod to the Cubs 1975 shortstop...

... Don Kessinger.

2 comments:

  1. This design really resonates with collectors and should be a fun set to build.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll have to pick up at least a few packs of Heritage this year, I do love that 1975 design!

    ReplyDelete