Thursday, March 28, 2024

Opening Day 2024

 Let the games begin!

To celebrate the Cubs 149th Opening Day, I've got the Cubs all time opening day lineup. The lineup features a majority of the players from the '60's and later. That seems odd to me, considering the long history of the Cubs. In fact, of the entire lineup, I have seen all but three.

Next to the Cubs all-time opening day leader, I have the Cub who makes the start today.

The cards that I'm using are the most recent ones I have for each player.  Some players have no Cubs cards, so I will use my homemade cards for them,

 

Pitcher: Fergie Jenkins, 7 Opening Day starts.
Justin Steele is making his first Opening Day start

  

Catcher: Gabby Hartnett, 12 starts
Yan Gomes is makes his second opening day start 

 

First Base (since 1900): Charlie Grimm and Mark Grace, 12 starts
Michael Busch makes his Cubs debut as the starting first baseman.

 

Second Base: Ryne Sandberg, 13 starts
Nico Hoerner makes his second start at second baseman.

 

Shortstop: Shawon Dunston, 11 starts
Dansby Swanson is making his second start as the Cubs opening day shortstop.

 

Third Base: Ron Santo, 13 starts
Nick Madrigal is making his first Opening Day start at third base.

  

Left Field: Billy Williams, 10 starts
Ian Happ starts in left field for the third time.


Center Field (since 1900): Andy Pafko, 7 starts
Cody Bellinger is in center for the second time.

 

Right Field: Sammy Sosa, 12 starts
Seiya Suzuki will make his second start as the right fielder.

1 comment:

  1. Was surprised Mr. Cub wasn't on here. Didn't realize he played so many years at first base. For some reason... I've always thought of him as a shortstop.

    ReplyDelete