Saturday, November 13, 2010

Card Your Mom Threw Out Update Cubs

The Update series included two more Cubs in the Cards Your Mom Threw Out inserts.

In series one, there was an Ernie Banks and Ryne Sandberg card. In series two there was an Ernie Banks and Ryne Sandberg card.

In the Update series, there was an Ernie Banks and not a Ryne Sandberg card! Unfortunately, Topps replaced Ryno with a salt-in-the-wound card of Lou Brock.



The Ernie Banks card is from 1965. The CYMO card is on the left and my original 1965 card is on the right.



Here are the Lou Brock cards from 1962. Again, my 1962 card is on the right. This was one of the more expensive cards I needed for my Topps sets and one of the most painful to buy, too. Brock for Broglio......ouch.

Thanks for reminding me of that disaster, Topps.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet cards... especially the Banks. Yours looks like it's in amazing condition.

    ReplyDelete