Wednesday, November 10, 2010

MIckey Mouse Cubs

When I was a kid, I would always hear White Sox fans say that the Cubs were a real Mickey Mouse outfit. Well, today I got the card that apparently proves them right!



Actually, this is the SP card that Topps included in the Update set. There were five of these given out at the All Star game, and then five more in the Update set. I guess its nice that the Cubs were one of just five teams that were included (the others were the Mets, Red Sox, Yankees, Braves, and Giants).

The brick and ivy that Mickey is standing on is a nice touch.



The back of the card list the team's active and all-time leaders in four offensive and four pitching categories.

2 comments:

  1. Disneyland is in Anaheim and there's no Angels Mickey? I don't get that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I wasn't very clear about the first five given at the Fan Fest at the All Star game. They were for the Angels, Dodgers, National League, American League (which had logos for several teams plastered all over Mickey), and the All Star Game. The other five (Cubs, Yankees, Mets, Giants, and Red Sox) are in the Update series

    ReplyDelete