Monday, October 15, 2012

My First 2012 Update Card

While I'm waiting for my main update shipment from Brentandbecca to arrive, a couple of the oddball updates have made it to the WW Headquarters.


This is Ryne Sandberg's Gold Hall of Fame Plaque card.  He's the only Cub on the 25 player checklist, though this would have been a nice list for Ron Santo (he said beating a dead horse!).  

The concept is a nice one, with the metal plaque inserted into the card.  The background behind the picture has the text that's on the HOF plaque.

The only issue I have is that the plaque doesn't really look like Ryne Sandberg.  Take a closer look.

 

Here's another look, this time with the actual plaque in Cooperstown.

 

The Topps card reminds me of these that Topps put out in 1964

 

They didn't look too much like the player, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment