Saturday, January 12, 2019

1992 Diet Pepsi Cubs

One of my goals for 2019 is to add more of the Cubs cards from smaller sets to my collection.  When I started I didn't want anything with less than ten Cubs cards.  I'm starting to run out of those, so I'm happy to get cards from sets with any number of Cubs.

The 1990s provides a slew of possibilities.  There are many sets with just 20-30 cards and only one or two Cubs in them.  I've been hunting down over 20 of these sets and the cards are starting to arrive.

Up today are the Cubs from the 1992 Diet Pepsi set.  As with many of these 90's sets, the Diet Pepsi set has a license from the players association but not MLB.  That means no logos.

The Diet Pepsi set was issued only in Canada, giving us bilingual cards.  There are 30 cards, but just one Cub.


It's a pretty nice action shot of Ryno going after a ball up the middle.

And that's it... the one Cub from the one year of Diet Pepsi cards.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen that one before!
    I think I'm going like seeing what your new focus brings in. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like Tom... I hadn't seen this set before. Love oddball issues. Off to see if there are any complete sets on eBay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had this one since pretty close to when it was issued. I went to high school in Michigan (close to Canada) and used to go to baseball card shows at Gibraltar in Mt. Clemens. Did you ever go to shows there or in Taylor? Heard they shut down in the last couple of years.

    When I was actively blogging, I started a series of "one-card team sets". I look forward to seeing more of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Chicago boy, so I never went to any shows in Detroit. I did go to a couple in the Chicago burbs when I was in college.

    ReplyDelete