Thursday, January 17, 2019

2018 Triple Threads Ernie Banks

Topps released Triple Threads in mid-November.  This is a brand that is not part of my Cubs collection because of the small set size (though that may change soon).  The 2018 set has 100 cards and one of the 100 is Mr. Cub.  Him I do collect.


I thought I'd take a shot at a Mr. Cub rainbow.  The set has several parallels -
Amethyst (serial-numbered to 299 copies)
Emerald (serial-numbered to 259 copies)
Amber (serial–numbered to 199 copies)
Gold (serial-numbered to 99 copies)
Onyx (serial-numbered to 50 copies)
Sapphire (serial-numbered to 25 copies)
Ruby (one-of-one)
Printing Plates (set of four for each card)


I've been able to get the ones that are in bold.  I'm not sure why the gold hasn't been available much.  I'm sure one will pop up soon.

3 comments:

  1. That's a photo I haven't seen often used by card companies. The rainbow is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Triple Threads is a hit or miss for me regarding the base set. Sometimes the set looks really nice. Other times it looks exactly like Tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice rainbow. Hope you're able to track down the gold parallel sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete