Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Five Grand???

I have most of the 2016 Cubs cards from Topps Now, thanks to Matt at Once a Cub.  The two missing cards are early-season cards of Addison Russell and John Lackey.  I'll see them pop up occasionally, but they are priced higher than I'm willing to pay.

The Russell card had a print-run of 331 and it was 244 for Lackey's card.  Those are low numbers for Topps Now, and has led to high prices for the cards.  Yet a couple weeks ago I picked up a /10 Triple Threads card of Ernie Banks for ten bucks.  



That leads us to the title of the post.  Recently a John Lackey Topps Now card was listed on Ebay.  As an added bonus, it was graded and is a Gem Mint 10.  Free shipping is included too!  

And what will it take for this little beauty?

It can be yours for the low, low price of $4,999. 

Is there anyone insane enough to pick up the card for this price??

5 comments:

  1. The numbers boggle my mind. I can pick up a 1/1 Vogelbach for the price of a blaster and a /244 Lackey is five grand? Matt also gave me a bunch of Topps NOW cards from 2016 and I'm in the same position, and that is where I'll happily stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could get $5k, I'd certainly consider selling my complete Cubs team set from that magical season, let alone one card!

      Sorry I got on board to late for those early ones!

      Delete
  2. Even Lackey's mom wouldn't pay $4,999 for that card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could probably pay Jon Lackey to come to your house and pitch to you in the backyard for a quarter of that price. In his Cubs uniform! And sign the ball you couldn't hit, and take a picture, and cook BBQ with you and toast cold beers, for a quarter of the price of that card!!!

    ReplyDelete