Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Bryant in the Outfield

On Sunday the Random Number Generator picked this card...


... from 2018 Topps Salute, showing Kris Bryant playing in the outfield.  I wondered if there were any other cards that show him playing there.  So I did some digging.

I don't have all the different Kris Bryant cards but I'm guessing I have a good chunk of them.  My current Bryant total is 235.  That's a lot of cards for a guy with just four seasons under his belt.

Bryant is known for his work with the bat, not glove.  Most of the 235 cards show him hitting.  I could find just eleven that show him with a glove in his hand.


And the card at the top of the post is the only one that shows him as an outfielder.

I should list the card on Ebay as a 1/1 since its his only outfield card.  I could make a fortune.... (is anyone else tired of looking at contrived 1/1 listings on Ebay?)

4 comments:

  1. This card makes a nice addition to collections of "Ivy" cards. I need to find the Schwarber card from Big League, though obviously there the blue one would be best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue retail parallels from Big League make for perfect Cubs cards. Although, the gold aren't half bad either.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, Paul, I am in your camp on the contrived 1/1 nonsense on eBay. Or when someone discovers the Menendez brothers in the background of an extremely overproduced 1990 Hoops Mark Jackson card, and list it as an "SSP" or "rare". And the 1990 Fleer Uribe card or the 1989 Donruss Alex Madrid, none are "rare" and none are special, they are niche cards driven by social media hype. So what I'd do if I were you is get a second Bryant from the Father's Day series and start a series of posts on its exclusivity, and then generate a market, THEN list it and see what happens haha!

    ReplyDelete