Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Etopps Update

It's been more than a month since I wrote about Topps' lousy customer service as I looked for information about this



Darwin Barney etopps card I purchased. Here's what's happened since then...




....nothing.

I never got a call back or a response to my email from Topps Customer Disservice. Tired of waiting to hear from them, I called again and got a live person. I was told that the 2011 cards that were supposed to be available in mid-February were now going to be ready in March. March has come and gone and when I log in to check on the cards availability, I still get the same...



...NOT AVAILABLE message.

Topps is also making it harder to even get to the etopps site. There are no links to etopps anywhere on the main Topps page. If you search the Topps site for the term "eTopps" you'll get no hits. Instead, it says "There are no results to display." Do a Google search for "eTopps" and you'll get nothing as well. It's as if it never existed.

Luckily, the eTopps website is still live, but you'll have to type in the URL manually...www.etopps.com

I spent some time Monday morning calling customer disservice to find out when the 2011 cards will be available and to see why the links to eTopps have disappeared. The girl I talked to had no idea that the link to etopps from the main page was even missing.

And the cards, wow, this is getting ridiculous. The word is that they would be ready in...

...mid MAY! I was given the same line about the cards not being printed to their standards and having to be reprinted. They are now on their third printing, two with the first printer and now the third with a new one. We shall see if they get it right this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment