Thursday, April 26, 2012

2012 Gypsy Queen Minis

I apologize for all the extra spaces between the paragraphs and between the pictures. I don't like the look of it at all, but don't know how to get rid of them. There are no extra spaces in the blogger editor....too bad the editor can't be WYSIWYG...what you see is what you get. I would have thought that by now all writing/editing software was WYSIWYG.


I've got ten different Cub minis to show today. I'll begin with the two that weren't among the base set



Ernie Banks got a second card. This one looks to be Shea in 1967 or 1968. It's was nice of Topps to give him a second card, but again I ask, why no Ron Santo?



Starlin Castro gets a SP variation card. He's a lot dirtier in this picture than one the regular card. Another blogger (sorry...I read too many to remember who  it was Night Owl!) pointed out that this year's set really has a thing for dirtying up the uniforms.

The other eight cards are basically the same as the base set. I'll put them side by side with the base so you can see how the minis had to be cropped differently to accommodate for the different proportion of the mini cards.



















6 comments:

  1. I'll help you remember: that was me.

    Looks like you got the spacing fixed for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the little old lady(?) in the lower left of the Ernie Banks card. Looks like she cocked her head just to get into the picture in the mini. Photo bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger gave me a pleasant surprise with the spacing; I didn't do anything--it was just fixed. Also the post went up as scheduled. Maybe they're getting their act together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you noticed how the picture for ernie banks is the same as the one for last years SP? How often do you think companies use the same picture?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on these. I am still building my Dawson checklist for the set. It will be a 'kind of easy' way to add 8-10 new cards of Dawson to my collection, but is sure is work making the checklist..

    :)

    ReplyDelete