Friday, April 13, 2012

The Golden Cubs

I've done my best to stay away from the parallel sets this year, but when I saw a Cubs Gold parallel team set for only a couple bucks, I couldn't resist.

Last year's Platinum set was very popular. As is their habit, Topps took something popular and ran it into the ground. Last year they added the Congac parallel set to the Update set. And this year, its these gold cards. 2011 was the 60th anniversary and I understand the special parallels. This year, it makes no sense. I haven't seen much buzz among the bloggers about the golden cards. I'm sure that's what made the $2 set possible.

The only noteworthy thing I found is that they were all significantly bowed. I didn't remember that being a problem with the platinum or cognac cards last year. Otherwise, I guess I got my two bucks worth from these.













No comments:

Post a Comment