Sunday, May 27, 2012

Well, That Only Took Five Months

It took only five months from when it was purchased, but I now have my 2011 Etopps Darwin Barney card in hand.





This was my first, and probably last, experience with the Etopps program.  I bought the virtual card back in mid-December and hoped to have it delivered by Christmas.  When I logged onto the Etopps site, the card was listed as "Not Available."  And from there, my adventures with Topps customer service began.


I've already written about my sad story in a couple posts, so I won't re-hash it here.  When I was told in March that the cards would be ready in May, I didn't hold my breath.  In mid-May I called Topps again and was told that the card would be available by "Friday."  Well, it wasn't....I know, you're shocked.  But on Tuesday, I was shocked...it was AVAILABLE!!


I clicked like mad to get it....and was shocked again.  This time, by the price of delivery.  Etopps has no price list anywhere, and I read last fall that they were upping the shipping charges at the start of 2012.  But even the worst Ebay seller doesn't charge $6.75 to ship one card.  Topps does.  And that doesn't even get you delivery confirmation.  I bit the bullet and paid the overpriced shipping charge.  It was the only way I was going to get the card.


A week after I paid for shipping I got an email telling me that the card shipped.  Six days later it was in hand.

2 comments:

  1. Soooooo, is it up for grabs? I can only imagine looking at the card would be a constant reminder of this traumatic experience...just kidding, glad the ordeal is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After waiting five months, that sucker's not going anywhere. Besides, I'm a Cub fan; traumatic experiences are a daily experience!

    ReplyDelete