Friday, March 22, 2019

2018 Ernie Banks Museum

I'm still catching up on some of the Mr. Cub cards from last year.  2018 Museum came out in June but I overlooked it.  I usually do with these big ticket products.  A box of Museum can be had now for $200 and that gets you four packs of five cards.  Four of the cards are guaranteed to be hits, two autographs and two relics.

The checklist includes 100 current and retired players, including Ernie Banks.  There are the usual parallels in addition to the base, autograph, and relic cards.  I've limited myself to just the base.  Waiting six months after its release allowed me to get the card at a bargain price.


This is a shot of Ernie from 1969.  I like that it gives us a good look at his grip on the bat.  Ernie fidgeted with his fingers while waiting for the pitch, looking like he was playing a piano.  Topps, too like the picture, because they used it...


... on the Gold Label Class 2 card.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I always pass on the high end stuff, hoping to catch cards I want in a dollar or .50 box later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm a "wait and snag it out of the bargain bin" guy myself!

    ReplyDelete