Monday, March 25, 2019

2019 Donruss Cubs

I don't buy Donruss cards because of the look of their looks.  I get them because I can't stand having holes in my collection. 

I really went back and forth when Panini put out their first Donruss set.  I pride myself on having the complete run of a brand, and complete run means I have to have the cards.  The fact that they are pretty cheap to get made the decision a little easier too.

The 2019 set has 250 cards divided into four subsets. The Cubs have cards in three of the four.


Javier Baez is the Diamond King.  Anthony Rizzo has been a fixture here for most of the recent past, so this may represent a changing of the guard.

Having traded or recalled their top prospects, the Cubs have no cards in the Rated Rookie subset.

 
 

 
 

 
 

These are the Cubs in the base set, including a couple with photo variations.


The final subset, Retro 1985 has one Cub.

 

For grins I've got the original and retro versions side by side.

1 comment:

  1. That's my first look at the 2019 Donruss base... I prefer the retro to the base, but I do appreciate the 2019 and '19 on the front of both.

    ReplyDelete