Saturday, March 23, 2019

2019 Topps Factory Cubs Team Set


Topps has been putting out team sets since 2006 and I've got the 2019 cards in hand.  This year marks the tenth year for the set to have seventeen cards.

Like Opening Day, the factory team sets give us a sneak-peek at series two.  Of the seventeen Cubs, seven players are not in series one.  Now we know what their cards will look like... probably.  Topps has occasionally used different pictures in the factory team sets and series two, but that hasn't happened much lately.

Here's the seven...

 
 
 
 
 


I don't know if it is just a coincidence, but all of these are vertical... and that makes me happy.

The other ten players have cards we've already seen in Series One...


 
 




 
 

The biggest surprise on the checklist is Mike Montgomery.  My guess is that he was added and Addison Russell was dropped.  Russell has been persona non grata in most of the early Topps sets.


3 comments:

  1. Contreras and Almora steal the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post reminds me that I need to to go to Target. I need my team set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They changed the orientation on the Baez card too. It was horizontal in Series 1 and Opening Day.

    ReplyDelete