Friday, March 15, 2019

2019 Clubhouse Collection Cubs

Heritage's Clubhouse Collection is one of the two relic sets I chase each year.  For 2019 there are five different Cubs cards.  Most of the big names are included: Bryant, Lester, Rizzo, Schwarber, and Zobrist.  It's not a bad lineup.






There's an interesting item on the backs of the cards.


This is what they look like.  Check out the cartoon.

Like the cartoons on the base cards, this one has borrowed from the 1970 set.  But it was altered too.


It comes from Woodie Fryman's card.


Check out that big tobacco leaf.


And now the leaf has become a jersey.  I did look to see if the jersey was taken from a 1970 card but couldn't find it.  I'm going to assume that a Topps artist drew the jersey.

1 comment:

  1. I've been appreciating the artwork on the backs of these cards. Thanks for taking the time to share it.
    Also, it it just me, or are the last three jersey swatches a bit on the pink side? I figure they're supposed to be gray, but maybe it's my monitor, your scanner, or somebody's red sock in the laundry?

    ReplyDelete