Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Dave Campbell = Kris Bryant


Dave Campbell was an infielder that played for the Tigers, Padres, Cardinals, and Astros in the 1960s and 1970s.  He later became a broadcaster with ESPN.

His offensive numbers are not great.  He has a career average of .213.  He hit just 20 homers and drove in 89 runs over his eight years in the major leagues.

Kris Bryant surpassed Campbell's homers and RBIs in less than one season.

So where does the post title come from?  How does Dave Campbell = Kris Bryant?


The answer is on the back of Campbell's 1970 card.  Look it over and see if you can figure out why.

Need a little help?  Take a look at the back of Bryant's 2019 Heritage card.


Did you spot how they are equal?


Campbell's cartoon = Bryant's cartoon.

Once I have my complete Cubs set, I'll be pouring over my 1970 set to find all the other repeats.

4 comments:

  1. I'm surprised you didn't point out all of the inaccuracies on the cartoons from then to now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Very impressive. How'd you figure that out? Did you happen to stumble across Campbell's card right after studying Bryant's card?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the Bryant cartoon looked too much like the ones from 1970. It was too good to be modern. So I just started paging through my 1970 binder.

    ReplyDelete