Wednesday, March 11, 2020

I Rank!

I was playing around with the Trading Card Database and saw that they have a place where you can see how your collection of a player ranks among all the collectors that have logged in their cards.

I have player collections of five players: Ernie Banks, Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Billy Williams, and Darwin Barney.  I'm most active with the Banks, Williams, and Barney collections and figured I be somewhere near the top of the list.  I wasn't sure where I'd be with Dawson and Sandberg, especially since those guys were active during the junk wax era and have a ton of cards.



No surprise here.  I don't know that there are others that actively go after Darwin Barney cards.


I didn't think that I'd be that far ahead of anyone else.  Billy is a hall of famer. I thought there were more and bigger collections out there.



I'm in a comfortable third place with Mr. Cub and there is not a chance that I will catch up to #1 since I'm over 2,400 cards behind!


Third place with Ryno, too, and no way I'll add 1,100 more.


Seven cards to move up to third place with Dawson.  That I might do!





9 comments:

  1. I like taking a look at my rankings too. Then I always think about all the people who probably have collections of said player NOT on TCDB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to know my standings, but haven't put a single card in my "collection" on there. Maybe I'll try it one guy at a time.

    Like you, I would guess that there would be a whole crowd of high volume collectors for HOF'ers like those. Especially on a popular team like the Cubbies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree... the rankings don't mean a whole lot since its a pretty small sampling of the collectors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would knock you down a peg on the Sandberg rankings, but I'm not that far ahead of you. Maybe someday I will put them all in. You've got me beat (by a wide margin) on the other three!

      Delete
  4. I always have liked these statistics. As an very active trader, I use them to find other like minded traders to see if they have doubles that I might be able to acquire for the same doubles that they may need. I always look forward to messages from those people too as we have that common thing between us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to ranking #1 with two different players. And dang... the guy sitting in the #1 spot with Banks is hard core. Holy cow. 2882 to 594? That's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard that guy in 6th place on the Billy Williams list is a White Sox fan. pffft!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should probably join TCDB but I'm just way too lazy to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Banks has 4800+ cards so that fellow has done well on his collection. You too of course.

    ReplyDelete