Thursday, September 8, 2022

The Last of the 1996 Cubs Programs

  For over a year and a half I've been waiting for two of the four Cubs game programs from 1996 to be listed on eBay.  It was 18 months of nothing and then in the last two months both showed up.  I wrote about picking up one of them here.

And just a couple of weeks later the final missing program was listed, and then purchased.

I understand why this one my be hard to find.  It was sold only during the month of September.  The 1996 Cubs played just ten dates during that month and averaged around 28,000 fans per game.  Also, the other covers featured the team's three biggest stars while this one shows an unknown prospect.

The program cost me just five bucks and it came with a bonus, too.  There is an autograph on the cover from Moises Alou.  I just hope that he signed this before he used his callous treatment.

1 comment: