Friday, December 15, 2023

2023 Panini Select

 Here's another set that came out after the end of the season, Panini Select.  We had to wait until the season was over to get logoless cards of minor league players and retired players.

The set has 300 cards divided into three levels of 100 cards each.  Cards become scarcer as you work up the levels.

 

 

These four are from the first level, #1-100, called Concourse.

 

Two Cubs were in the Premier level, #101-200.





The Diamond level has five Cubs.  I only have four of the cards.  The missing fifth belongs to Ryne Sandberg and it has been impossible to find.  So not only do we have a set that came out after the end of the season, but I've had to add a new card to my most wanted list.

2 comments:

  1. Quick question: Does it bother you when a set only contains one or two of the Tinker-to-Evers-to-Chance DP combo, but not all three?
    I must admit, it annoys me more than it should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I never thought about that, but you’re right, since the three are forever linked, the rule should be all three or none.

      Delete