Friday, January 12, 2024

Most Wanted List - Thirteen Steps Forward, Three Steps Back

I had a good year in 2023 as far as finding cards on my Most Wanted list.  A total of thirteen cards were knocked off.

But...

As I knocked off thirteen, I had to add three more.  

This is the 2023 Select card for Ryne Sandberg.  I have no idea why it is so hard to find as the checklist doesn't mention it being short printed and I've been able to get the other Cubs cards.

The 2005 edition of Upper Deck's First Pitch has some duo cards and the Cubs card, which features Mark Prior and Michael Barrett, is nowhere to be found. There is one of these for each team and they are all short printed.  

The third cards added to the Most Wanted list is another with Mark Prior.  It comes from 2003 E-X and it too is short printed.  I haven't seen a print run, so I don't know how scarce it is, but the Trading Card Data Base doesn't have a picture of it.  That doesn't bode well.

My hope is that I'll have just as much success with the Most Wanted list in 2024 as I had last year.

3 comments:

  1. Thirteen steps forward is a great total. Adding three to the list isn't the worst, because it gives you something to chase. In my book at least, the chase is part of what makes card collecting fun!
    Also, that Sandberg Select card is gorgeous and I bet it is even more stunning in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice to knock off some Most Wanteds. I knocked a couple off my list last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Select is broken into three levels. Sandberg is in the Diamond level, which is the hardest of the three to get. Each level has 100 cards in its checklist.

    ReplyDelete