Tuesday, July 9, 2024

2024 First Pitch "Cubs"

 Topps brought back the First Pitch insert set in 2024 series two.  It is a set that was made from 2015 - 2017 but has since been on the shelf.

There are just five cards in the set and two of the five are "Cubs" cards.  I have to put Cubs in quotation marks because the cards don't belong to actual Cubs players, but instead are celebrities throwing out a ceremonial first pitch at Wrigley Field.

 

Dansby's wife Mallory is a star in her own right, playing on the US national soccer team along with the Chicago Stars.  Showing my age, I didn't have a clue as to Myke Towers.  The back of the card says that he is a rapper and songwriter.  

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, I do not miss the days of having to collect rappers to complete my team collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what made them bring that back after all this time? Maybe some of the Topps Now cards of first pitches sold well. The Mallory Swanson one is pretty cool, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the Swanson card - Never heard of Towers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was happy they brought back First Pitch, but there's only 5 cards?

    ReplyDelete