Tuesday, July 23, 2024

A Forgotten Most Wanted

 ...and I'm back!

This card came while I was gone.  It's always nice to have some cards waiting for you when you're away.

It comes from the Topps 2008 insert set T205.

Why, you may be asking, did I just get a card from 2008?

Good question and I have an odd explanation.

Every so often I'll pick up a random Cubs binder and page through it.  A couple of weeks ago I did that with the Topps 2000 - 2009 binder.  While going through the 2008 cards I came upon an empty slot on a page in the insert section.  Most likely it has been empty since 2008 and I had no idea why.

So I did some digging and discovered I was missing the Fukudome card from the T205 insert set.  The 2008 season was his first with the Cubs and his cards were getting grabbed quickly and at inflated prices.  I'm guessing that I couldn't find a decently priced copy of the card and decided to wait until the prices came down.  I left a slot on the page for the card once the prices dropped and moved on.

And then I forgot all about it.  I forgot about it enough that I didn't even include it on my Most Wanted list.

Well, sixteen years later the price has dropped and I found one on eBay with little trouble.  So now I can say that I am officially and completely finished with the 2008 set.

1 comment:

  1. I totally remember when Fukudome cards were selling for a premium in the hobby. Congratulations on finishing off that set.

    ReplyDelete