Tuesday, July 16, 2024

First One In Over Two Years


 

 This listing showed up last week on Wednesday for the short-printed no position version of Darwin Barney's card from 2012 Heritage.  I've been tracking the sales of the card since 2012 to try and get a sense of just how short-printed it is.

The card was sold the same day at the BIN price of $95.  The buyer didn't try to get the card by making an offer.  The BIN was hit immediately.  And no, the buyer isn't me.  I already have two copies of the card (one for my Heritage set, the other for my Barney collection).

This is the first time the card has been listed and sold on eBay since June of 2022.  I'm sure that is why it was sold so quickly... whoever bought it was on the hunt for a while.

The card has been sold 49 times on eBay since 2012, but just five of those sales have been since 2018.  The market has really dried up.

I also track the sales price and the 49 sales have an average price of $97.85.  The seller was pretty spot-on with their BIN price.  The prices have a range of $200 for the high to $24 for the low (and I was the lucky purchaser at the low price).

2 comments:

  1. Just a guess: The card has sold 49 times since 2012. We don't know if any were the same card but guessing probably not (people are not buying the card to make a profit waiting for Barney to become a big star). There still maybe a few in unopen boxes. There are collectors like you want the card to build a master set. Someone like me I would be 50/50 on whether to sell - if I could get the regular Barney, I could sell off to finish buying shortprints, but it would be a neat variation to have alongside the regular Barney. The ebay marketplace for cards is not what it once was so..

    So I am guessing as a high 150 (about 33 percent of the universe was sold on ebay) to low 90 (about 60 percent).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems like an awful lot of money to pay for a manufactured scarcity.

    ReplyDelete