Thursday, October 10, 2013

Baseball Talk Billy Williams

After I picked up my Ernie Banks Baseball Talks card, I found a checklist and scanned it for anyone else in my collection.  Look who was card #11...



....Billy Williams.  I picked this up from Sportlots for a buck...not a bad deal.

I do want to say thanks to Uncle Moe, who made an offer of the Billy card in the Ernie Banks post.  For some unknown reason, I didn't see it until I went back while writing this....thanks for the offer...sorry I didn't respond.

I poked around Youtube a bit and found someone that posted a bunch of the Baseball Talk recordings.

Here is the Billy Williams...



...and here is a partial of the Ernie Banks.



And after listening to the Ernie Banks, you'll know why this product never caught on.....never caught on....never caught on.....never caught on


2 comments:

  1. You're welcome. Glad you found one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite all the anecdotes I've read about how bad the players were, I only had issues with 3 or 4 of the cards I posted. The more unusual problems were Johnny Bench having Rickey Henderson's record on the back and Bruce Hurst's recording being attached to the card with the wrong side facing out. I literally had to peel the plastic record off the card and flip it around to play it. And then, of course, some of the adhesive was in the grooves at the edge of the recording.

    I think what really killed this product was the price. No way were these things worth the retail of $25 for the player and $4-5 for a pack of 3 or 4 cards. If they wanted them to sell at all, they really needed to release the player in time for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete