Wednesday, June 28, 2023

2023 Series 2 Topps vs. Wrigley Wax

 There are five Cubs players with cards that we not seen prior to the release of series two.  But since all five had played in games with the 2023 Cubs, I had made my own version of their cards.  Today will compare what Topps came up with next to my cards.

My cards are on the left and the right side has the Topps card.

  
 
I used the official Cubs headshot for Assad's card while Topps used a candid that had a shadow covering his face.  The action shots are similar.  I forgot to put the rookie logo on my card.

 

My picture is an actual photograph while Topps had to Photoshop.  They put the jersey logo in a pretty odd spot.

  

Another case of a real picture vs. Photoshop.  Real wins!

 

The jersey that Topps Photoshopped looks nasty.  They made it look like a long-sleeve shirt.  Also, there is a little bit of a logo on the jersey under his glove and it is really in the wrong place.

 

We finally once again have an actual photo on both cards.  But I don't know why Topps didn't use his official headshot.  The side view action type picture seems out of place.

2 comments:

  1. I can maybe give Topps the win on the Assad because the main photo is quite nice. Otherwise you'd get the sweep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Brett. Hayden is a toss up, but WW takes the series!

    ReplyDelete