Saturday, June 10, 2023

Comparing the Main Brands - 1991

 Year - 1991

Main Brands -  Topps, Donruss, Fleer, Score, Upper Deck

Number of Players Included Among All the Sets: 37

Players Included in Every Set: 20

It's the same five again.  In fact, it will be these same five for a few more years.  Bowman, Stadium Club, Leaf, and Ultra among others are all on the scene by 1991, but I'm just doing each company's flagship brand.

The yellow borders on the Fleer cards make them pretty easy to find!









































5 comments:

  1. I wish there were manager cards again.
    '91 UD was by far my favorite set of the five, but I love how much attention (positive and negative) the '91 Fleer set still gets to this day.
    Lastly, I remember seeing Lance Dickson pitch in Peoria and thinking he was the next Sandy Koufax. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1991 Upper Deck had a solid design... and is my favorite of the bunch. Topps comes in second for me, then there's a significant gap. I don't mind the Fleer design. I used to hate it, but it's grown on me over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From back in the day when a position player on the mound was a rarity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1991 Fleer was the yellow version of 1990 Donruss - all those different Score borders confused me. Though the green and blue borders kind of work in Donruss. Upper deck was ok.

    Topps had the best design, I think Donruss was 2nd then Upper Deck, Score, Fleer. (looking at these cards in the panel there is a lot of sameness, boringness to Upper Deck, Score and Fleer)

    Best Card Danny Jackson Donruss (I was a sucker for these types of cards at the time Gretzky, David Robinson.

    Not a vertical photo fan but Topps Dascenzo was a cool card.

    ReplyDelete