Saturday, June 17, 2023

Comparing the Main Brands - 1992

Year - 1992

Main Brands -  Topps, Donruss, Fleer, Score, Upper Deck

Number of Players Included Among All the Sets: 35

Players Included in Every Set: 18

Its the same five brands for the third consecutive year.  Fleer followed up their bright yellow border with a thick green one on just the right side of the card.

The biggest surprise for me when putting these together was Rick Sutcliffe.  He had cards with just four of the five.  Leaving him out of their set was Topps.  Sutcliffe was a free agent after the 1991 season, but it was a pretty sure thing that someone would sign him.  It's quite baffling to me that Topps left him out (though he did get a card in the traded set).





































4 comments:

  1. I've never seen that Upper Deck George Bell card before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more cheap (but good cheap) card stock. Thus higher prices - these card are mostly new to my eyes. I think Upper Deck may have had the best design but I think Score has the best cards as the player photos are well centered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really starting to like that 1992 Score set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1992 Upper Deck... Great use of alternative team logos.

    ReplyDelete