Thursday, June 15, 2023

The 2023 Heritage Cubs Inserts

 Today I've got the Cubs inserts from 2023 Heritage, also known as the Christopher Morel show.

Most of the insert sets are Heritage standards; New Age Performers, Baseball Flashbacks, and Then and Now have been around for a long time.

Morel was included in New Age Performers.  The Cubs were shut out of Baseball Flashbacks and Then and Now.

Two 1974-themed sets were issued, too.


Look who made it in the Deckle set... why it is Christopher Morel again.  The original 1974 deckle set had a limited test-issue in the New England area.  It has 72 cards, three of which are Cubs.  The cards pretty scarce and expensive and I have yet to get the Cubs.


This is the Heritage version of the stamp set from 1974 and do you see who is in the bottom right hand corner?  Yes, it is Christopher Morel again.  While the card is based on the stamps set, these are not stamps.  They are stickers, that you peel off of the backing.  

The original 1974's were stamps that you had to lick like postage stamps.  The set had a wider release compared to the Deckle cards and the stamps are not rare at all.  I have all ten of the Cubs.


Now, a question...


This card of the Sears Tower (and yes, to me it will always be the Sears Tower) is included in the News Flashback set.  Do I include it in my Cubs set?  While it is a Chicago card, the tower is located a couple of blocks south of Madison Street, which puts it on the south side.  

I'm conflicted.. what do you say??

5 comments:

  1. Can you see Wrigley Field from the observation deck? Yes: https://traveljapanblog.com/wordpress/2009/05/wrigley-field-from-the-sears-tower/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the stamp card from my Santo collection. I was happy with the choices of the other three players. I like the Sears Tower card but I wouldn't call it part of the Cubs set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Hackenbush. Not a Cubs card to me. Geographical location doesn't make a difference for me in this case. I just don't see a direct connection to the Cubs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, not a Cubs card. If I had acquired the World Trade Center card from last year, it would never have occured to me to consider putting it in my Mets collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't consider it to be a Cubs card, but if I had it in my collection I would include it, just because it's a great looking card of the iconic Sears Tower!

    ReplyDelete