Friday, June 23, 2023

Topps 2023 Series 2 Cubs

I've got my 2023 Topps series two Cubs team set.  It consists of 14 cards, 13 players and one combo card.  The good news is that eleven of the thirteen players are still on the team.  

 


 

 

There were cards for these six players in the factory team set and the pictures are identical between the two.   No surprises here.

 

 


Up next are the five other current players.  Three of the five (Boxberger, Mancini, and Mastrobuoni) are photoshop jobs.


 The combo card features Morel and Velazquez.

 

Finally, the two players no longer with the team are P.J. Higgins and Alfonso Rivas.  Higgins is with the Diamonbacks AAA team while Rivas has shuttled between the Padres and AAA.

4 comments:

  1. I know that I don't follow baseball like I did before but there are 5 players I never heard of on these cards Mastrobuoni (The Italian prime minister?), P J Higgins (the guy from MASH?) Javier Assad (the leader of Syria?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With John Bateman, a few too many guys there I never heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Higgins caught more games than played First.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was about a 50/50 split - 38 at first, 34 behind the plate.

      Delete