Saturday, October 23, 2010

2010 Topps Chrome Cubs

The 2010 version of Topps Chrome features eleven Cubs. Thursday I wrote about the Rich Harden failure. Today, I'll show the other ten. But before I get to that, a few comments about Chrome.

Personally, I don't get it. I know the cards are all nice an shiny, but what's the point? They're shiny with the same design and same photos as the base set. Chrome has been around since 1996, but will it continue on indefinitely?

I've also read several complaints about the cards curling up. You can add mine to the list. The all have a pretty significant curl to them.

On to the cards....







First up, the rookies. There are three Cubs with the rookie logo. All three made significant contributions to the team. But the fact that there were three rookies is a strong indication that the team is one in transition.















The rest of the players were the Cubs standards, guys like Lee, Ramirez, Soriano, and Zambrano. Nothing too special there

No comments:

Post a Comment