Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bowman 1953, The Real Deal

A few Fridays ago I featured the 1953 Bowman Cubs. At the time the only Bowman '53s I had were reprints.

Not any more. Thanks to ebay and Checkoutmycards, I've got all eleven of the real things. And I am very pleased with the way they look.

This was my first major Checkoutmycards purchase. I was happy with the cards, the cost, and the shipping time. The only problem I have is that I would have liked to make offers on some of the cards, but in order to do that, I would have had to first purchase store credit. And if I my offers were declined, then it would cost me 20% to get my money back. I like ebay's free Best Offer system better.

Despite being 57 years old, the color on the cards still looks very nice. I just wish a few of these were taken at Wrigley Field instead of the Polo Grounds. I would love to see the ivy and brick of this era in color.

I'll list the players names along with the cards, since that is missing from the front and I doubt you would recognize most of the players by face. Heck, you probably don't recognize the names anyway...I know I don't know too much about most of these guys!



Bob Addis



Toby Atwell



Tommy Brown



Phil Cavarretta



Harry Chiti



Warren Hacker



Turk Lown



Paul Minner



Bob Rush



Hank Sauer



Bill Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment