Monday, October 12, 2020

2020 Ginter!

 Better late than never, my 2020 Allen and Ginter cards have arrived.  I'll be showing them all week long.

I'm starting off with my new favorite Ginter cards, the minis.  Until a year or so ago, I ignored the minis as just another parallel.  Last year I bought the 2019 Cubs minis under the assumption that I got the minis every year.  My assumption was wrong, but the minis were very right.  I loved the look of them together in a tobacco card page.  Besides, the original Ginter cards were minis, so the modern ones are a more accurate representation of the originals.

The Cubs team set consists of fourteen cards.  Of the fourteen, six are retired players.

 

 

 

You've seen the Billy Williams card before.  If I was a more dedicated player collector, I would have tried to put together rainbows for Banks, Dawson, and Sandberg, too.  My heart and my wallet were not into it.

Eight active Cubs were in the set.

 

 

 

 

No surprises among the Cubs here and no Robel Garcia.  I think Topps finally got the memo that he was not going to do anything with the Cubs and we shouldn't see him in any more products.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, I hope you're right about Topps getting the memo. I just saw a Triple Threads card of his on Ebay a little bit ago. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Besides, the original Ginter cards were minis, so the modern ones are a more accurate representation of the originals."

    Yes! I will never understand it when people complain about A&G minis. If Topps was truly being faithful to the brand the entire set would be minis and nothing else!

    ReplyDelete