Thursday, October 22, 2020

Here You Go, Panini... You Have My Permission to Do This

 Yesterday I created some logoless Topps cards.  

I also made one important discovery: The hat is the key to making the card look real.  Players can hide the uniform logos, but there isn't much they can do with their hat.  


Hats without a logo look completely unnatural and ruin the look of a card, in my opinion.  


So I fixed the problem by adding a Topps logo to the hats.  To my eye, it now look like a real baseball card.

So Panini, I am giving you permission to use my idea on any and all of your baseball cards.  For the Donruss cards you have the perfect logo for the hats, too.

The D with a baseball looks like it could easily be an MLB team logo.  Putting it on a hat would look 100% real.  So let's see if we can help some 2020 Donruss cards.




This was easy to do on Cubs cards because the Cubs hat C is red, like the Donruss D.  The D can be easily adapted for other teams.  It can be made white for the Dodgers, Yankees, or White Sox.  For the Mets, orange.  Gold for the Brewers or yellow for the Pirates.  





It is easy to change the logo and make authentic looking cards.


The Panini P can be used on their other cards and again, the color can be change to suit the team.

So go for it, Panini.  Kill the logoless hat and make your cards look like baseball cards.

3 comments:

  1. Nice. Panini needs to hire you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very creative idea! I like it! I wonder how much font and color factor into copy-rite law. Even though it's obvious the P is Panini's logo, I can't help but wonder if any P on a Pirates or Phillies hat would make MLB come after them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They could also use the lowercase "d" with the red and blue stripes, the oval "D" that's the company logo (https://images.app.goo.gl/tZnmnALSD2BHZt8x6), the "O" for Optic, and even some others. I think it's a great idea! (Matt may be right that using the "P" on a Phillies cap or the "D" on a Tigers cap might be out of line, but they've got enough alternatives to avoid that.)

    ReplyDelete