Thursday, September 7, 2023

At Wrigley Yesterday!

 Mrs. WW and I were able to go to the Cubs game yesterday.  They came away with an easy 8-2 win over the Giants, completing a three-game sweep.  Seiya Suzuki cleared the loaded bases with a double in the first and the Cubs never looked back.  Rookie starter Jordan Wicks was impressive in his third straight start, allowing just two runs in 6.2 innings.

Two Cubs made their MLB debut in the game. It was a perfect, low-pressure time for both to do so, late in a game that was pretty much over.

I took pictures of both players, thinking I might make their Topps cards with the photos, but our seats were too far away to get a decent look.

Outfielder Alexander Canario struck out in his debut.

Pitcher Luke Little allowed a hit but also struck out two working the ninth inning.

I’ve been to two games this season and the Cubs are 2-0.  Should they make the post-season, I will happily offer my services as a good luck charm to the team….give me tickets and they are assured a win!

3 comments:

  1. 2-0, eh? Very nice.
    They are 1-1 for me this year, but 11-19 in my lifetime when I'm in attendance. They did win Game #6 of the NLCS in 2016 with me watching, so I guess I'm not the worst good luck charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first game photo would look great signed.

    ReplyDelete