Thursday, November 2, 2023

Wrapping Up All the Cubs Base Cards from Topps 2023

  I can wrap up the 2023 flagship set now that I have Update in hand.  I'll have the base set recap today, the inserts on tomorrow, and I'll put them all together on Saturday.

The Cubs netted a total of 36 base cards.  That is four more than last year, so that is a good thing.  More cards usually mean a better team.

Among the 36 cards, there are...
  • 31 vertical layout
  • only 5 with a horizontal layout... that is good for me because I prefer the verticals
  • 1 team card
  • 2 combo / checklist cards
  • 0 League Leaders
  • 31 different players
  • Christopher Morel was on the most cards, 4 (base, rookie debut, 2 checklists)
  • 24 of the 31 players are on the Cubs 40 man roster today, though that number will be going down once players are able to declare for free agency
  • 4 players that never played an inning for the 2023 Cubs.
  • 29 pictures taken at Wrigley Field
  • 7 pictures on the road, wearing 1 road gray, 5 blue alternates, and 1 throwback
  • 3 pictures of the nasty City Connect uniforms

No comments:

Post a Comment