Saturday, April 15, 2017

2017 Gypsy Queen Inserts

The number of basic insert sets in this year's Gypsy Queen is a paltry two.

Fortune Teller is a 20 card set and it includes two Cubs

 

They are the only base-type minis in the entire set.  Previous releases included a mini parallel of each card,

The other basic insert set is the Hand Art set.  It consists of 19 players, though there are two different cards for each player.  Byrant and Rizzo are the Cubs that made the checklist.

 

 

I am stumped as to why Topps felt it was necessary to make up to different cards.  

  

I'm also stumped when trying to figure out why Topps felt it was necessary to make Ginter-like cards in Gypsy Queen.



3 comments:

  1. I really like the Fortune Teller inserts. The Hand Drawn Art card are okay... but considering there's no A's or Padres on the checklist, they're not something I'd go out of my way to track down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the whole concept of 2017 GQ but the hand drawn cards are just total out of place

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Fortune Teller inserts. Unfortunately I pulled a Ryan Braun version out of a pack the other day. lol

    ReplyDelete