Monday, April 17, 2017

The Full Run of Gypsy Queen

Gypsy Queen has been around since 2011, making this year's set the seventh edition.  When the brand was first announced, I said that I wasn't going to get it.  I felt it was just another Allen and Ginter.  Then I caved and got the Cubs, and have done so every year since.

Most years the set has had 350 cards.  Only twice (2012-300 and 2017-320) has that number differed.  The number of Cubs had varied too, from a high of 14 to a low of 7.

I made a tile of all the GQ Cubs over the years.  One thing you'll notice is that when the team was bad, the number of retired Cubs was much higher.  They had to fill the Cubs slots with someone!  As the team got real players, the retired guys disappeared.


2 comments:

  1. So which is your favorite design so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first design the best, since it is the closest to the original 19th century Gypsy Queen cards.

    ReplyDelete