Tuesday, April 11, 2017

The 2017 Cubs Schedule

A phone call to Wrigley Field and a wait of a couple weeks netted me the Cubs 2017 pocket schedule.  I could have bought them on Ebay, but really, why pay for something that is free?


This is the first time since 2012 that the schedule does not have an embroidered look to it. The cover includes the team's new slogan "That's Cub."  I really am not a fan of the slogan.  Every time the team makes a mistake I can hear the opposing fans saying, "That's Cub."  Its just too easy to turn the phase around into a sarcastic mock.

They didn't ask me, but I went ahead and made an improvement to the cover.  I removed the slogan and replaced it with something that you can't really mock.


Better?? 

My schedule collection now numbers 57 season's worth.




2 comments: