Thursday, April 27, 2017

All I've Got of Him: Scott Sanderson

Here's a look at all I've got of another of the former players the got a ring last week.


Sanderson is on the far left.  I haven't heard why these players were picked or if there are others from the past that will get a ring.

Sanderson came to the Cubs before the 1984 season in a three-way deal with the Cubs, Expos, and Padres.  It was a homecoming for Sanderson, as he grew up in suburban Northbook.  He spent six seasons with the Cubs and was an even 42-42.  

I've got 38 cards of Sanderson.  Since he was never a top star, he wasn't included in much above the base sets.


3 comments:

  1. He started the first Cubs game I ever saw live, in Philly. He got hammered but Cubs got the win anyway because they put up a bunch of runs too.

    Aside from that, I mostly remember the Sandberg/Sundberg/Sanderson confusion from Harry Caray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think most of those guys are kind of the unofficial Cubs ambassadors. Is that Steve Trout next to Randy Hundley?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Cubs have had both Scott Sanders and Scott Sanderson!

    ReplyDelete