Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Last Topps Cub of the Year

Well, I'm pretty sure this is the last one. Of course, a few weeks ago I thought I was finished, too! But then I saw this card, one of the short-print variations from the Updates and Highlights set.



Topps UH #71B Rogers Hornsby

After going 40+ years with no Rogers Hornsby cards, I now have my second one in a couple weeks. Topps get zero points for creativity because they used the same picture as on the Hornsby Turkey Red Card.

If I am in fact now finished with Topps, that would make a total of 46 Cubs cards for 2009. My breakdown includes...

...10 from Series One
...10 black Walmart Series One variation
...10 from Series Two, which includes the Ryne Sandberg short print variation
...5 bonus cards from the Cubs factory set
...11 from the Updates and Highlights set

The only cards I would still consider chasing would be any black Walmart cards from Series Two. But they seem too tough to find and not worth the bother or the cost.

So I guess that's it.

And the 2010 cards are released in about two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment