Thursday, February 10, 2011

The New Age Performers

I've been back in the hobby for about three years now, and of all the sets and brands that were new to me, Heritage is my favorite. I really enjoy the look and feel of the cards. After getting all the Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Cubs, it was Heritage that I completed next.

Recently I've been on a kick to get all of the Heritage Cubs inserts. Today I'm featuring one of the staples, New Age Performers. This insert set has been a part of Heritage from the beginning in 2001. Each season there have been 15 New Age Performers cards. A Cubs player has been a part of the set for all the years except 2008 and 2010. If the pre-release checklist is correct, they will be shut out of 2011 too.

There have been a total of 10 Cubs included as New Age Performers. I've got them here chronologically, starting with 2001



2001 - Sammy Sosa



2002 - Sammy again



2003 - Sammy, again!





2004 - Mark Prior and....Sammy Sosa!



2005 - Sammy, one last time





2006 - Derrek Lee and Mark Prior



2007 - Alfonso Soriano



2009 - Geovany Soto

1 comment:

  1. I kind of like the look of the 2006 the best...very simple and classic looking. Although maybe simple and classic is the opposite of what this insert is supposed to look like.

    ReplyDelete