Tuesday, February 8, 2022

1997 Pinnacle XPress

 Today's set started for me with a throw-away card.


An Ebay seller included this Mark Grace card as packing around the actual card I bought.  I appreciate when sellers toss in extra cards as protection and even more-so when they are Cubs cards.  Most often, though, they are cards that I already have.

But not this one.  It comes from Pinnacle's 1997 XPress set.  The set debut this year, and consists of 150 cards.  There are four subsets that make up the complete set.  The first 116 cards are active players, rookies have slots 117-137, followed by Peak Performer at 138- 147, and at the end are three checklists.

There are a total of five Cubs in the set.




Grace, Sandberg, and Sosa are the active players.



Two of the 21 rookies are Cubs, though neither of the two had a significant career.

The five cards I needed to complete the set all came from Sportlots and I was able to get them from a single seller.  Sandberg costs a quarter while the others were the Sportlot-minimum 18¢.  This was an easy one!

1 comment:

  1. Outside of those chunky Metal Works cards, I've never given much thought to Pinnacle X-Press... but the dual image base cards are pretty nice looking.

    ReplyDelete