Thursday, April 21, 2022

1968 O-Pee-Chee Cubs

Set Size: O-Pee-Chee - 196, Topps 598  

Cubs in set: O-Pee-Chee - 10, Topps - 32

The 1968 O-Pee-Chee set is made up of the first two series of the Topps set.  Just like the Topps set, the OPC set has the two different types of burlap pattern, with the first 109 cards having a wider pattern.


The design of the fronts are identical.  There is a slight color difference with the burlap, though, as the OPC cards are a lighter shade.


The only design difference is the printing designation.  The color difference on the back is pretty significant.  

I'm glad that there were just ten Cubs cards because this set was one of the most expensive of all of the OPC sets I've had to get.  The cards are pretty scarce (I'm not sure why) and I had to get most from one seller that had the cards priced pretty high.  I also lucked out because Banks, Santo, and Jenkins have higher number Topps cards so they weren't in the OPC set.  The Billy Williams card is one that I already had for the PSA master set.  Right now it is on loan for the PSA box and is with the other OPC cards in a binder.  I'll get another copy of the card if I ever see an affordable one listed,

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment