Tuesday, April 19, 2022

2022 Homemade Cubs Update

 There were 69 different players that took the field for the Cubs in 2021.  In order to have a Topps card for each, I had to make 48 homemade cards.  I did that when the season was over and it took quite a while to get them all done.

This year I am hoping that there aren't as many players passing through the Cubs clubhouse.  I'm also going to try to not end up with a massive backlog of homemade cards to make. As much as possible I'm going to make a card for any new player within a week of their arrival.

Pitcher Mark Leiter was called up from Iowa to start the game on Saturday.  It did not go well as he gave up seven earned runs in 3 1/3 innings.  I don't know if Leiter and his 18.90 ERA will be given another opportunity to make a start.

This is a corrected card for Ethan Roberts.  I mistakenly put a picture of Justin Steele on his card


These are the 29 players that have played for the 2022 Cubs.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your homemade Cubs too, and I also hope you don't need to make 48 of them!

    ReplyDelete