Tuesday, May 10, 2022

2022 Cubs #32 & 33

 The 32nd and 33rd players to make an appearance for the 2022 Cubs took to the mound this past weekend.

 

On Saturday.  Pitcher Robert Gsellman, who was signed as a free agent during spring training, played in game 1 of Saturday's doubleheader.  He gave up four runs in 3.2 innings, giving him an ERA of 9.82.  

I saw a tweet that said very simply, "Gsellman Gsucks."  Let's home his next appearance goes better.  I couldn't find any pictures of him with the Cubs so I did a screen grab from the TV broadcast.

Adrian Sampson pitched one inning on Sunday night.  He gave up two runs but they were unearned, so his ERA is still a perfect 0.00.  He spent some time with the Cubs last year as well, so I had a better selection of pictures for his card.

Below are all 33 of the 2022 Cubs.



1 comment:

  1. Gsellman started out really well in 2016, and could never recapture that afterward, sadly. Maybe at some point he'll figure it out, but as time goes by it becomes harder to believe he will.

    I did recently pick up my fifth Gsellman auto (Gsignature?), so I guess I have some reason to hope he does get it back!

    ReplyDelete