Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Funky Photoshopping in the Factory Set

 I understand that there will be Photoshopped cards in the factory team sets.  That's the price you pay to get cards of players acquired over the off-season into a set with an April release.  

And most Photoshops jobs are infinitely better than the airbrush jobs from the 1970s.

But there is something funky going on with these two Photoshopped 2022 factory set Cubs.  Can you spot it?

Topps doesn't usually Photoshop Cubs into home uniforms.  But both of these players came from teams with pinstriped uniforms, so I guess Topps thought they'd use home uniforms.

I saw the oddity in both of these immediately.  I don't know if that is a blessing or a curse.




The logos are the problem.  Notice that there is a white ring around the outside blue circle.  Real Cubs uniforms don't have that.

The outside of the logo is supposed to be the blue circle.  The pinstripes intersect the blue circle.

So how does that happen?  Where is Topps getting their logos from?

I'm retiring at the end of the school year, so I'll have plenty of extra time, so I again offer my services to Topps to be their official Cubs proofreader.


It took me five minutes per card to fix.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your retirement. I've got at least another 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing that jumps out at me is that the background is obviously not Wrigley, despite the home unis. (I don't think they even wear the pinstripes for home spring training games, as these days teams almost always wear colored alternates in spring training.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe by the time Series 2 is out Topps will have a Spring Training shot of Frazier and Stroman...?

    ReplyDelete