Friday, March 17, 2023

My First Homemade Topps 2023 Cards

 I've made my first attempts at creating some homemade 2023 Topps cards.  The card design is pretty simple.  The only wrinkle is having to add the headshot in the bottom corner.  That adds a few minutes to the process.

Here is the big Cubs free agent acquisition over the winter, shortstop Dansby Swanson.  I'm sure we'll be seeing lots of cards and inserts for him in all of the upcoming 2023 sets.

Yan Gomes will get plenty of playing time behind the plate now that Willson Contreras is gone.  Topps didn't include any Cubs catchers in series one, so I made one.

Topps has also done away with the photo variation cards and replaced them with Golden Mirror Image cards. That means no Ernie Banks or Ryne Sandberg with a 2023 design.  I decided to make my own photo variation.          

I am tired of seeing Ryno or Ernie getting all the variation cards, so I made one for Billy Williams instead.

I'm again planning to make a cards for every player that makes an appearance for the 2023 Cubs, so stay tuned throughout the season for more of these.

4 comments:

  1. These look really good. Not sure how I feel about Topps getting rid of the legends variations; I have some of those cards I like, but I suppose they're pretty unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete